An Overview of Restorative, Implant, and Extraction Services, Provided by Adam K. Smith, DDS
Since 1983, Adam K. Smith, DDS, has overseen his private dental practice in New York. A Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, he aims to provide his patients with a high level of compassion and consideration that allows them to be more comfortable in the clinical setting. Adam K. Smith, DDS, performs several types of dental procedures, including restorations, implants, tooth extractions, and cosmetic services. The following article describes the general dentistry options provided by Adam K. Smith, DDS.
1. Restorations. The services aim to treat tooth decay and other physical problems. Adam Smith, DDS, provides fillings, porcelain inlays and onlays, crowns, fixed bridges, and root canal therapy.
2. Fillings. When a person develops a cavity, Adam K. Smith, DDS, takes out the decayed tooth mass and replaces it with a filling, which is made of either silver or composite resin.
3. Porcelain Inlays and Onlays. In some cases, a filling may not suffice. Porcelain inlays or onlays are used to cover the surface of the tooth in case of progressed decay.
4. Porcelain Crowns. In this procedure, a porcelain crown is attached to a tooth that is chipped, cracked, or decayed. After the dental laboratory makes the porcelain or gold crown, it is attached to the problem tooth and is virtually indistinguishable.
5. Porcelain Fixed Bridges. A solution for those who are missing a tooth, a fixed bridge is set into the empty space and secured by the two surrounding teeth.
6. Root Canal Therapy. Those who have an infected root pulp will go through this procedure in which the dentist removes the pulp and replaces it with a sealant.
7. Implants. Those who are missing teeth may consider using implants instead of bridges or dentures. Implants are fused to the bone, providing a solid foundation for the single tooth implant or implant denture.
8. Tooth Extraction. Adam K. Smith, DDS, performs tooth extractions for those who have issues with their wisdom teeth, experience a severe infection, or need a routine extraction.